Workshops help staff make maximum impact during major organisational change
More than 100 patient safety specialists at AstraZeneca have taken part in workshops to equip them with the communication and interpersonal skills to make more impact than ever before.
Designed and run by Axiom, the training supported a major project, billed as One Patient Safety, that brings together previously separate patient safety teams at AstraZeneca into a single organisation with a consistent way of working.
Patient Safety leaders reviewed our range of engagement skills workshops and chose four to include in a global ‘capability build’. In May and June, Axiom’s Chris Carey and Miles Henson led workshops in the US and Sweden on:
In their feedback, participants gave an average rating of 9.3 out of 10 for the communication capability workshops. Their comments included:
- “Lively, lots of new info, practical.”
- “Blend of great examples, practical, useful.”
- “I learned a number of new things about negotiating that I can put into practice.”
- “Engaging and provided real-world evidence for adopting a positive view.”
- “I thought I knew everything about presentations – before this course!”
Our work to support One Patient Safety has also included writing and producing a range of printed and digital communication materials to engage staff worldwide. More workshops for Patient Safety staff are scheduled around the world later this year.
See our range of in-house communication skills workshops