Rave reviews for communication training for leading architects
Partners and managers at leading international architecture firm SSH are presenting with new-found verve after taking part in a workshop from Axiom.
In a two-day workshop at SSH’s main office in Kuwait, we helped 15 senior people learn to give memorable presentations that persuade their clients, colleagues and others to think and act differently.
During the presentation skills workshop, we shot a video of each participant presenting to their colleagues. They received expert and peer coaching and were able to analyse their own performance by watching the video.
The workshop started with an exploration of how to make a personal connection with the audience and get them on your side. It went on to cover other key aspects of giving high-impact presentations, including:
- the power of metaphor and storytelling
- accessing a confident, resourceful state to conquer nerves
- structuring a winning presentation
- using body language for impact
- visual aids – pictures are worth 1,000 bullet points
- making it interactive.
The workshop got rave reviews from participants. Comments included:
- “Equipped me to convey my ideas to others.”
- “Very inspiring experience and helped me become more creative in preparing presentations.”
- “So many ideas learned – very useful.”
- “It built up my presentation skills confidence – extremely pleased.”
- “I can now deliver better presentations to clients.”
SSH is one of the leading architecture and engineering firms in the Middle East and North Africa. The company employs 800 staff and has been involved in many of the region’s premier construction projects.