Pity the poor employee in today’s big organisation – every day, a welter of words to read in endless emails, intranet pages, reports and slide decks. But there is a way to cut through all this verbiage: use video in your communications.
Video is the best way we know to make an instant impact across the organisation. Done well, it has both emotional appeal and a personal touch. It gets employees to pay attention to your message, absorb it and really engage.
No wonder a recent study found that 93% of internal comms teams now see video as an important tool, with two-thirds of respondents planning to increase their video budgets.
Uses for video in employee engagement
- Communicate company strategy and values
- Play at conferences and team briefings to educate and enthuse your audience
- Recognise outstanding performance
- Share best practice
- Provide a platform for senior leaders to build their profile and win over their people
- Train and educate people in everything from new products to health and safety
- Cascade messages from a major event to the wider organisation
- Induct new hires
- Inspire staff to create their own videosvideos – e.g. to show how strategy is being implemented locally
Axiom has been making high-quality, engaging video since the mid-1990s – first on VHS tapes, then DVD and now for download or streaming on employees’ PCs, tablets and mobile devices.
We know video has to be entertaining for it to have any chance of also being motivating and informative. That’s why our videos are made to broadcast standard by TV-industry trained professionals. They have energy. They tell a story. They’re authentic. They pack an emotional punch.
We certainly don’t do dull talking heads of senior managers sat in front of vertical blinds reading autocue. That’s an instant turn-off – often literally. When there is a need for input from leaders, we keep things real. For instance, we might get staff to come up with the questions leaders need to answer – and we sometimes have them act as on-screen interviewers.
The end result? Powerful, engaging and inspiring communication that generates dialogue and leads to action.
To talk to us about how video can drive up employee engagement in your organisation, use our contact form or call us on +44 (0) 33 3088 3088.