Participants increase their confidence in working and communicating across national and organisational borders.
The difference it will make
- Increased understanding of cultural differences and how they affect our own and others’ perspectives and the way we communicate
- Increased self- awareness and the ability to adapt our language and style to cultural context to achieve results
- Greater ability to deal with cultural misunderstandings and resolve them quickly and effectively
- Greater ability to create harmony in multicultural teams without losing the creativity that comes from diversity
What we cover
- How culture affects the way we behave and communicate
- Organisational vs. national vs. professional cultures – how they interact and influence the way we work and communicate
- Individual cultural profiles – how we are influenced by different cultural groups and bring these cultural identities to the workplace
- The role culture plays in day-to-day business interactions and how we recognise that role – using real-life scenarios and delegate experiences
- Learning to recognise different cultural styles and perspectives and how to adapt our own style to influence more effectively
- Strategies for dealing with and resolving cultural misunderstandings quickly and without stereotyping
- Strategies for encouraging creativity, sharing and learning in diverse teams
- Working with specific situations individuals have to deal with and helping them understand and plan actions for when they return to the workplace
Who it’s for
Anyone who needs to work, communicate and lead cross-culturally, including in geographically diverse virtual teams.
To find out more about how Axiom’s communication skills workshops can be tailored to help your organisation succeed; and be delivered exclusively for your people…
Simply call us on +44 (0) 33 3088 3088 – we’re communicators after all.