This workshop challenges participants to explore the potential benefits – personal and business – of choosing to take a positive view in a given situation as opposed to slavishly following our often in-built tendency to make a negative interpretation.
Far from promoting a rose-tinted view of the world, the emphasis is on providing practical tips and techniques to help create a balanced view – which might create a better outcome.
The difference it will make
- Healthy dialogue, where extremes of positivity or negativity don’t go unchecked
- Diminished levels of unfounded and unhealthy cynicism
- A healthier environment in which good ideas gain traction
- Better decisions, based on more balanced views
What we cover
- Benefits of taking a positive view and the implications of not doing so
- The range of positivity people have at their disposal
- Where taking a negative view helps – some of the time
- Why our ‘inner voice’ is often negative, goes unchallenged and yet may form the basis for our actions
- Learning to argue with oneself – constructively
- The impact of the language ‘positive’ and ‘less optimistic’ people use and how to challenge it
- Case studies to explore what is really going on in a given situation – as opposed to simply going with a negative interpretation
- How minds can gather evidence for positive outcomes too
- Techniques to help focus on the positives while maintaining a balanced view
Who it’s for
People and teams faced with challenges, cynicism and negativity – well-founded or not – and who want to create positive outcomes for themselves and those around them. Participants have included entire project teams as well as leaders in organisations delivering major change.
To find out more about how Axiom’s communication skills workshops can be tailored to help your organisation succeed; and be delivered exclusively for your people…
Simply call us on +44 (0) 33 3088 3088 – we’re communicators after all.